At Trillium Creek Dermatology, we are pleased to offer you a wide range of choices to recover from your skin complaints. Homeopathy is a 200-year-old system of medicine with a history of safety and effectiveness. The principles of homeopathic practice and homeopathic remedies have been the same over this time. Homeopathic medicine can be utilized as either a complementary or an alternative approach to traditional approaches.
- The decision to use homeopathy is the patient’s choice
- An informed choice rests on knowing the possibilities
- Every treatment is specific for each patient
- For further help, consult with your practitioner
Additional references are available upon request.
ADVANTAGES OF HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES
- Homeopathic remedies are gentle and safe, even though they can be quite powerful in removing symptoms. Because of their long track record of safety, the FDA allows the majority of homeopathic remedies to be sold over the counter without a prescription.
- Homeopathic remedies are even safe to use in small infants and pregnant women.
- Compatible with other traditional therapies and allows the use of both at the same time.
- Inexpensive medications.
- Homeopathic treatments may achieve a permanent cure for acute and chronic skin condition. This cure would include where the symptoms no longer are present and treatment is no longer required.
TREATING ACUTE SKIN PROBLEMS
We expect that our initial success rate in treating acute conditions will be about 75% in finding the correct remedy for your complaint. As further experience with the homeopathic approach is gained, our success rate should improve but some cases will remain where the correct matching remedy cannot be found.
TREATING CHRONIC SKIN DISEASES
In treating chronic skin diseases, the advantages of treating acute skin diseases apply with a few extra considerations.
Recovery from a chronic skin disease will be gradual and gentle under the homeopathic system. The remedies offer the potential for a curative healing process versus a suppressive process. The length of time to cure the patient’s disease will be proportional to the length of time the disease has existed. In stubborn or long standing cases the healing process can take many months.
Our expectation is that 50% of chronic skin diseases should be permanently curable where ongoing treatment is not needed after all the presenting complaints have been removed. We expect that an additional 25% of patients with chronic skin diseases will have their symptoms controlled with the homeopathic remedy and will require ongoing treatment to maintain this relief. When the correct homeopathic remedy is found for a patient’s symptoms and the symptoms subside, the need for previous suppressive treatments should also be eliminated. The goal, when possible, is to eliminate any treatment being necessary and remove the patient’s exposure to the possibility of side effects from drugs. With further experience, our percentages of successful responses should improve.
HOLISTIC HEALTH BENEFITS
As an additional advantage, holistic health benefits are commonly seen during homeopathic treatment. In addition to achieving relief of the skin symptoms, other concurrent symptoms in other parts of the body or its functions will also resolve. For example, common complaints that are often seen to improve under homeopathic treatment of skin complaints are asthma, insomnia, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis or depression.
The major disadvantage of taking a homeopathic approach to treatment occurs when the correct remedy for your individual complaint cannot be found. In this case, there will be no effect from the remedy (either healing or any side effects).